Pierce Brown receives the first ever actual Gobby Award

This is the second year I did The Goblin awards. But for the first time I have given out an actual Gobby to one of the winners. On January 20th I went to see Pierce Brown on his Iron Gold signing tour. I had been thinking of doing a Red Rising cosplay for Comic-con later this year and at the last moment decided to start it and see what I could get done for the event. I started Thursday night and the event was on Saturday, so I really didn’t have much time. I was able to get the chest and head done and I like how they turned out.

DSC_5164DSC_5175DSC_5166

Looking at Bob in that helmet all I can think of is ACK… ACKACK (I love you if you got that reference)

At the same time I went through a few different ideas for the Gobby award. I am lucky enough that one of the best characters in the Red Rising Saga is nicknamed Goblin. He has a thing for unicorns so I made up a set of tiny armor and gave him a unicorn to hold and POOF the first Gobby was made.DSC_5088

26804798_1347111315401247_4456302531604577681_n

Then when I arrived at the signing I went in to scope out the situation a bit first in normal clothes.  I was the only one with any kind of cosplay and decided I wouldn’t wear it.  I met up with some of the guys from Hic Sunt Leones and was chilling in line when 2 people from PHX Comic-con (or Comic-fest now I guess) were going down the line asking for the biggest fans. I was all like, “I have a cosplay in the car want me to go get it?” They said yes.

When I got back in I felt a bit awkward but everyone seemed to like it. Keep in mind it was only part of the armor so I felt a bit naked. The people from Comic fest did a little interview with me and then I got back into line and soon they were sitting people.  I managed to record just about all of the talk but standing in the corner with my bulky armor I couldn’t see that my screen was out of focus.DSC_5124

Then it was back in line for the actual signing. I talked and gave recommendations to the guys in front of me the whole time. (They asked I swear)  When I got up to Pierce He complemented my armor and was surprised I had only spent a day on it. When I started to give him the Gobby he got a huge smile on his face and said “This is just how I pictured Sevro.” Well then we started talking and he wanted to sign the armor and I completely forgot to get a picture of him holding the Gobby. But these will have to do. I had a great time and it was a blast talking to Pierce again and meeting Peter and Jeff from HSL.sevroggDSC_5141DSC_5144

Check out my Reapers Blade. I wrapped the handle in red leather and then burned in the red sigil DSC_5186

This awesome poster I found at http://red-rising.wikia.com/wiki/Sons_of_Ares

v9yUYRm

14 comments for “Pierce Brown receives the first ever actual Gobby Award

1. January 24, 2018 at 3:29 pm

Dude, that is awesome!
    And from the smile on Brown’s face, it seems like he enjoyed it too. Always nice when an author can engage with readers and not brush them off.

Liked by 1 person

• January 24, 2018 at 3:48 pm

He is a nice guy, this was like the 5th or 6th time I have met him and he has been really nice every time.

Liked by 1 person

2. January 25, 2018 at 8:34 am

At a complete loss for words here… everything you just did was so effing awesome!!!!

Liked by 1 person

3. Anindita@A Bohemian Mind at Work
    January 25, 2018 at 12:59 pm

Holy shit I love the Gobby! Must write a kick-ass book just for the Gobby. *leaves everything to run for a notebook…
    Pierce Brown looks so happy and cute in that picture. Can’t see your costume well, Hob. Turn around!

Liked by 1 person

• January 26, 2018 at 11:14 am

Here is your very own Gobby Gobby

Liked by 1 person

• Anindita@A Bohemian Mind at Work
        January 27, 2018 at 6:15 am

Oh Gobby, my only love! Now, I must write the damn book just to deserve this!!!

Liked by 1 person

4. Sethia
    January 29, 2018 at 8:22 am

Wow just WOW. You are so very creative. Have you ever thought of designing a bookmark to go along with your blog? You could hand them out like business cards when you get to go to all these supper cool events!

Liked by 1 person

• January 30, 2018 at 12:09 pm

YES! LOL I have already done that In the final one I had switched it so the goblin had a book but I cant find the pic atm.

• January 30, 2018 at 12:12 pm

Actually didn’t I put one in the book you won?

• Sethia
        January 30, 2018 at 3:52 pm

No, it came directly from amazon. I would have treasured it for all time though!;)

Liked by 1 person

• January 31, 2018 at 3:39 am

You won a CT Phipps book then lol I am sure you will win something again and I will put in a few extra bookmarks 😉

5. Sethia
    January 30, 2018 at 3:56 pm

Grew up with Ross and all his happy trees! Love it!

Liked by 1 person

• January 31, 2018 at 3:41 am

Same here I actually have every episode on my DVD but it was for my mom she is a mega fan lol