Hello This will be a Hip post using Homoeoptotonian H words. Sorry but my Hat Holder brought about a hwyl in me! If you don’t know the meaning of something in this post I Have definitions below so you don’t think I am full of Hooey.
In an effort to get rid of some of the useless crap cluttering my shelves and Hindering my organization.
I came up with this neat little Sword in the Stone Hat Holder. Its not just for Hats However, you could hang a Helmet or even a Hauberk from the Hilt If your Hardware is Heavy enough. But I Hate to tell you this little Hog-Goblin, but that is not a Hat
I don’t know the Horometry it will take you., but it took me just Half of a Half Hour (15 min) to complete this project, not including time for the paint to dry. ( It doesn’t take an Horologist to know paint dries slower if you Hover over it)
What you will need to Have to Hand.
- The Handle Half of a wooden sword
- A Heavy piece of Styrofoam
- Black or a dark Hyacinthine paint
- some “stone” spray paint (Hold your nose it stinks Horribly )
- One H bracket……
- Just kidding you need a L bracket or a Hinge
- Handful of screws Sorry Hobnails won’t work
The wooden sword I got free from a Spirit Halloween store. I was building a Haunted house for my kids school with Hardly any budget at all. I just went in and asked the manager if they Had any broken items that we could Have to use as props for the Haunted House. I got the sword and a Whole ( it sounds like it starts with H) lot more. It was a lot of Hard work but I think it turned out great and it made the kids Happy.
I don’t Happen to remember where I got the Styrofoam I Had painted 2 matching pieces of the Foam black for something else But only used Half of what I Had.when I Had Hung one up with my real swords. You can get the other things at Home depot or any Hardware store for a few bucks.
- Paint the Styrofoam with the black paint. Or you can use any dark color you Happen to Have Handy.
- If your sword Happens to be whole you will need to cut it in Half.
- Line up the L Bracket at the tip of the Half sword and mark the Holes. Then drill them out with a bit Half the size of your screws.
- Once the paint on the foam Has Hardened spray it with the stone spray paint. I use a Helpful spray paint can clip on Handle for better control of over-spray.
- I may have Habromania but this part makes me Happy. You get to Stab the foam …. in the Heart? Well anywhere you want as long as there is a Hole.
- Once you have committed a Styrofoam Homicide Slide the sword in until you see the Holes you drilled in step 3.
- We need to find a stud to Hang your Hobs Handy Hat Holder™ as it will be too Heavy to Hang from the drywall. Once we Have the Location, line up, mark. then drill the pilot Holes and use the screws to Hold the Bracket to the wall .
- Now we align the Holes in the sword with the other Half of the L bracket and put the screws in.
9.. Now test it to see if it will Hold up with a bit of weight on the Haft.
- We need to Handle the Styrofoam carefully as we slowly slide the “Heavy stone” down the sword away from the Hilt until it Hides the Hardware.
There you Have it! You made your own Hobs Handy Hat Holder™, and you read my Hortatory writing practice using my Horrisonant Homotaxic Hephaestic Help. I Hope I didn’t use any Heterophemy in the post, I also Hope you learned some Heretofore unknown words without becoming Hypnagogic. Or worse become so angry that you thought of committing hospiticide. But I am sure your honorificabilitudinity is to high to try that.
Did you Have as much fun reading this as I Had writing it? I Hope so!
|habergeon||sleeveless mail coat|
|habromania||insanity featuring cheerful delusions|
|halecret||light half-suit of plate armour|
|haqueton||stuffed jacket worn under mail|
|hauberk||long chain mail coat|
|heaume||massive helmet covering head and shoulders|
|hephaestic||of, like or pertaining to iron-working and blacksmiths|
|heterophemy||accidental use of word different from that meant|
|heteroscian||dweller of a temperate zone|
|heterosis||use of one form of a noun or pronoun in place of another for rhetorical effect|
|homoeoptoton||use of series of words sharing the same inflections|
|hwyl||emotional state capable of arousing intense eloquence|
|composed of similar parts|
|homiletical||of, like or pertaining to homilies|
|homotaxic||arranged in a similar manner|
|homuncule||little artificial person|
|hortatory||giving exhortation or advice|
|hortensial||of, like or pertaining to gardens|
|hospitate||to greet; to welcome|
|hospiticide||killer of one’s guest or host|
science of time measurement A Horologist
|hyacinthine||of a blue or purple color|
|hyphaeresis||omission of sound or letter from a word|
|hypnagogic||sleep-inducing; pertaining to drowsiness or sleep|
|hypnoetic||of, like or pertaining to unconscious logical thought|
|hypophrenia||weakness of mental facilities|
|hypostasis||basis; foundation; essence|
|hypostrophe||return to primary argument after digression|